IBM-AUSTRIA - PC-HW-Support 30 Aug 1999
For the Windows NT User Windows NT users cannot create a hibernation file in a system that
uses the NTFS format system (the default format). If you want to use hibernation mode, you should reinstall
Windows NT with a FAT format system.
NOTE: Before using hibernation mode, you need a hibernation file.
In hibernation mode the following occurs.
- The system status, RAM, VRAM, and setup data are stored on the hard disk.
- The system is powered off.
- In the ThinkPad Configuration program, the computer can be set to suspend/hibernate while docked
- The computer cannot enter hibernation mode when:
- It is powered with ac power and a communication PC Card is used.
- It is attached to a Dock I docking station.
The following events that cause the computer to enter hibernation mode:
- The Fn+F12 keys are pressed.
- The Hibernation button is selected in the Fuel-Gauge program.
- To change from Hibernation mode to Operation mode, activate the power switch once.
- The timer conditions are satisfied in suspend mode.
(for operating systems other than Windows 98).
- A critical low battery condition occurs and hibernation mode is set to
Hibernate when battery becomes low
The computer exits hibernation mode and resumes operation when the powerr-on switch is pressed.
When power is turned on, the hibernation file in the boot record on the hard disk is
read and system status is restored from the hard disk drive.
More INFORMATION / HELP is available at the IBM-HelpCenter
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.