IBM-AUSTRIA - PC-HW-Support 30 Aug 1999
Checking the Battery Pack (TP 600/600E - 2645)
Checking the Battery Pack
Battery charging will not start until the Fuel-Gauge shows that less than 95% of
the total power remains, with this condition the battery pack can charge to 100% of its capacity.
This protects the battery pack from being overcharged or having a shortened life.
Do the following:
- Power off the computer.
- Remove the battery pack and measure the voltage between terminals 1 (+) and 4 (-).
See the following figure:
NOTE: Signal lines not used in these steps are used for communication between the
system and the battery.
||0 to +12.6
- If the voltage is less than +11.0 Vdc, the battery pack has been discharged. Recharge the battery pack.
NOTE: In this case, the battery pack is over-discharged. It takes at least 3 hours to recharge the battery pack
even if the indicator does not turn on.
- If the voltage is still less than +11.0 Vdc after recharging, replace the battery.
- If the voltage is more than +11.0 Vdc, measure the resistance between battery terminals 3 and 4.
The resistance must be 4 to 30 K ohm.
- If the resistance is not correct, replace the battery pack.
If the resistance is correct, replace the system board.
More INFORMATION / HELP is available at the IBM-HelpCenter
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.