IBM-AUSTRIA - PC-HW-Support 30 Aug 1999
How to Run the Diagnostics (2635-380/385)
How to Run the Diagnostics
Use either the TrackPoint III or the cursor move keys to interact
with the tests. Pressing the Enter key works the same as selecting the OK icon to
NOTE: The following tools are required:
- Wrap Plug (P/N 72X8546) for the serial and parallel connector tests.
- Wrap Plug (P/N 35G4680) for the PCMCIA tests.
- Scratch diskette for the FDD1 or FDD2 tests.
- Any data CD for the CD-ROM drive test.
- Press and hold the F1 key, then power on the computer.
Hold the F1 key down until the Easy-Setup screen appears.
- Select Test and press Enter.
- Select a device and press Enter to run the test.
- The test progress screen appears.
- OK appears when the test ends without any errors.
- Start the Advanced Diagnostic test as either of the following way:
Pressing Ctrl+A on the basic diagnostic menu screen.
Triple-click the icon on the right bottom corner on the basic diagnostic screen.
- The ThinkPad FRU Connectors screen appears.
This screen shows the state of the connection of all connectors.
Check the connector if the Not connected message appears on the screen.
- Click on Exit on the screen or press Esc to exit the screen.
- The keyboard test screen appears.
Check the keyboard.
- Click on Exit on the screen or press Ctrl+Pause to exit the screen.
- Select a device, and press Enter to start the tests.
The instruction appears, follow the instruction on the screen.
- Select Test All to test all devices.
- Select Loop Test to run the tests in a repeated loop.
A loop option menu appears in which a device loop or all-device
loop can be selected.
Select a device and press the Spacebar to select
a device. Repeat this step to select multiple devices.
Press Enter to start the diagnostic loop. If no device is selected,
all device tests are looped.
- To exit the loop,
keep pressing Ctrl+Pause until the test exits.
A beep sounds to notify
that the exit interrupt is sensed
by the test program.
More INFORMATION / HELP is available at the IBM-HelpCenter
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.